EXCHANGE BITCOIN CASH TO BITCOIN
What do you need to know?
- The average time for exchanging BCH to BTC is 10-60 minutes
- You only need 2 confirmations of the Bitcoin Cash blockchain for the exchange
- If you can’t send funds to our Bitcoin Cash address, try adding “bitcoincash:” to the beginning of the address or use the Bitcoin Cash address converter.
- The speed of confirmation of a Bitcoin transaction depends on the level of congestion of the Bitcoin blockchain network, read more in our article
Brief information about Bitcoin Cash
On August 1, 2017, the digital market saw a new cryptocurrency based on the BTC blockchain, which was named Bitcoin Cash. The split occurred on the block 478558 Bitcoin. It had a common part of the blockchain until the hard fork, and all subsequent blocks were already formed into a new chain. Bitcoin Cash is called the most successful fork of bitcoin.
How can I estimate the time of transaction confirmation?
It is important to keep in mind that to increase the number of confirmations, a new block must appear. Blocks of Bitcoin Cash, like Bitcoin, can go from 1 to 75 minutes. The average time for a Bitcoin Cash block to appear is 10 minutes. Therefore, Bitcoin Cash is not a fast currency.
If you are unable to send coins to our address
If your wallet does not accept our payment address, try adding “bitcoincash:” to the beginning of the address. This may be due to the fact that your wallet does not support an address without a prefix. Many wallets are strict about address formats.
You may be using a wallet that does not support the new BCH address format. In this case, you can use the address conversion service. To do this, insert the given address into the line and press the Convert button. The Legacy tab will display the old address format.
- The address you received from us:
- Legacy address (legacy address format):
Despite the dramatic difference in spelling, they refer to the same wallet.
Bitcoin Cash network fee
Today, the average fee for a Bitcoin Cash transaction is no more than a cent — $0.0046.
When will Bitcoin be credited to your wallet?
We send Bitcoin immediately after the exchange is completed, but the time before the first confirmation depends on several parameters:
- Commissions. In our exchanger miner fee is set so that the transaction was one of the first.
- Frequency of occurrence of blocks. Blocks in the Bitcoin network appear on average every 10 minutes, but it happens that a new block does not appear for an hour or more. In this case, the Commission may lose its relevance and the transaction may go a little longer than planned.
How to estimate the confirmation time of the transaction?
There are several ways to estimate the time of confirmation of the transaction, but you need to understand that it is impossible to calculate it accurately since many factors affect the passage of your transaction, you can read more in our article.
- The easiest way to find out when the first confirmation of the network is to go in the service of collecting statistics from BitcoinFees Earn.com there you can see when your transaction gets into a block, depending on the fee which you sent it.
- You can also use the Explorer Blockchair.com where you can see the priority of the transaction. The first number is what place in the queue is a transaction, the second how many transactions are pending (e.g. priority 1676/9495). Each block includes approximately 2500 transactions, we see that our transaction is in 1676 place in the queue, and therefore must pass in the next block.
It is important to note that to increase the number of confirmations, a new block must appear, blocks in bitcoin can go from 1 to 75 minutes. The average time of Bitcoin block appearance is 10 minutes.
You can read more in our article about the confirmation time in the Bitcoin network.
When can I spend the funds received?
- If you request funds for a personal Bitcoin wallet, you can dispose of them immediately after one confirmation of the network.
- If funds are sent to an exchange or other services where there is a need for multiple confirmations, then you will need to wait until the transaction receives the required number of confirmations.
How does the number of confirmations in the Bitcoin network increase?
After the first confirmation, they will only grow with newly mined blocks. If there is no next block for a long time, then the number of confirmations up to this point will remain unchanged.